My youngest child (a 13 year old) decided to become a vegan this January, that was his new year‘s resolution. I have to admit that he is surprisingly focused on his diet and very creative when he is making his meals. All meat, milk and sweets are out and instead he is eating much more salads, veggies and fruits.
He has been looking for some sweet treats for the weekends. The first weekend he bought himself a Panda licorice stick that is suitable for vegans. This weekend he made this delicious peanut butter caramel fudge. It took him no more than 10 minutes to make….and yeah, the clean up was left to me.
Try this super easy sweet treat:
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (choose a good brand, crunchy or smooth)
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2-3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- Add the ingredients in a small pot, let it all melt together and boil for ½ a minute or so.
- Put a baking paper in a small pan and pour the mixture into it.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours and it is ready to eat!
Instead of peanut butter, you can use different butters like almond butter, cashew butter or sunflower seed butter.
You can also add different nuts, raisins, vanilla or other favorites to your mixture if you like. Use this recipe as your base and create your own deliciousness.
Seriously, it is heaven!!