Are you struggling with including sufficient amount of greens and vegetable in your daily diet? Here are some suggestions that might be helpful:
- Add a handful of greens (spinach, kale, etc.) in your smoothie. If you include banana in your smoothie or other sweet fruits, you will not even taste the greens, only ripe from the benefits from it.
- Make a big bowl of salad that will last you for few days, so you don´t have to find time chopping your veggies, while you are busy making your dinner. That way it makes it easier not to skip the salad with your meals 🙂. Just make sure not to include e.g. chopped tomatoes in your salad. Use cherry tomatoes and keep them whole, so the salad will not get all wet and undesirable. Also remember to dry all veggies and greens after washing and before mixing them to your salad. That way you make sure your salad will last longer.
- If you do not like your greens, just make it a habit of starting with the greens on your plate and then enjoy the rest. Start with a small amount and increase it gradually. You might get surprised one day when you wake up craving your greens 🙂
- If you include olives, avocado, papaya or other a bit more heavy fruits or vegetable to your salads, you will feel fuller and more satisfied.
- Make a good salad dressing to add to you salad. A good dressing gives salads another dimension.
- If you don´t have prepared salad in your fridge, just make an easy salad with your dinner by just grabbing few cherry tomatoes, cucumber bites and some green leaves. Make it simple!
- If you want your salads to be more filling, mix together all your favorite greens and vegetables and top it generously with guacamole or a good and delicious salsa. You will be surprised how filling it is and the energy it will give you.
- If you eat salad as a meal, it is smart to add something a little sweet to your salads; like raisins, pineapple or papaya. By doing this you will not crave something sweet after your meal.