This sweet treat literally melts in your mouth. Not only does it taste delicious, but is also bursting with nutrition. Plus, it is so easy to make.
The almonds are filled with good protein, E-vitamin, folate, potassium, manganese and calcium. The coconut is filled with manganese, copper, iron and contains healthy fats that easily converts to fuel for your body. And cacao is often called THE superfood of the superfoods, because it is very high in antioxidant flavanoids and magnesium, plus it increases the levels of specific neurotransmitters and serotonin in our brains that lifts our spirit.
- 1 cup of almonds
- 1 cup of shredded coconut (plus extra for coding)
- 8-10 dates (around 6 if you have the big medjool dates)
- 4 tablespoons of almond butter
- 2 tablespoons cacao (I use raw cacao because it his higher in nutrition)
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Start putting the almonds and the coconut in a food processor and blend until it is pretty well pulverized (ca. 1,5 minute). Then add the rest of the ingredients and blend until the whole mixture rolles into one big ball.
- Pour around ½ a cup of shredded coconut in a dish, form the dough into small ball bites and coat them by rolling them in the coconut.