I love those granola bars because they are so perfect in so many ways! They are neither too sweet, bitter, salty nor sour – but are a perfect combination between all the tastes your tongue dreams of. They are also really crunchy and that makes them a perfect treat for your kids to school or when they are on their way to practice. Sometimes when I am really in the mood for pampering my family (and myself), I dip half of the bar in a melted favorite-dark chocolate ❤
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- 1 cup quinoa
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- ½ cup dried pomegranate „seeds“
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped pecan nuts
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- ¼ tsp sea salt/Himalayan salt
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp Honey
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Spread the oats and quinoa onto a cookie sheet. Stir occasionally in the mixture and toast it for around 10 minutes (may vary, so be careful not to burn it)
- Place the toasted oats and quinoa into a large bowl and blend the rest of the dry ingredients to the mixture.
- Combine in a pot or a pan, the peanut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup and honey and bring to a boil. It is important to stir well in the blend until it is ready.
- Mix the dry and the wet ingredients together in the bowl and stir until the blend is evenly coated and looks like a thick dough.
- Place a cooking sheet in a baking pan and pour the mixture into the pan. Bake for 15-25 minutes (depending on your oven). It should be ready when it looks golden brown and the house smells like a cotton candy.
- Let the mixture cool down for about 20 minutes, before you serve it.
- If so strangely would be the case that you will have some left-overs, you can easily freeze them down and dig in next time you are in a need for something.