Probably the most tasty spinach balls I have ever made. When I make them, I do a double portion and eat leftovers as lunch and dinner (if I have any left) the next day. You can eat them as a light meal on its own or as a side dish with other vegetarian dish or meat. Because of the choice of spices, they have a little Indian touch…..but who doesn’t love Indian food?
- 500 gr (1 bag) frozen minced spinach
- 200 gr. wheat germ
- 2 crushed cloves of garlic
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Thaw the spinach before use.
- Blend everything together in a bowl and let the mixture sit for about 15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed completely.
- Form balls from the dough with a spoon and fry in oil on both sides until golden brown.
- Serve with garlic dressing, limejuice, rice and fresh salad.