I am in a sweet mood today and made these delicious licorice bites. I honestly believe that those are the best ball bites I have ever made. Different, but if you like licorice, you will love these.
Licorice has many health benefits and is well known for its benefits to digestive health. It also aids in regulation of blood sugars, is a great blood cleanser and detoxifier and has antibacterial properties. Plus it is a power herb for the adrenal glands and one of the top herbs for hemorrhoids. But be advised that people with high blood pressure and pregnant ladies should not eat a lot of licorice, because of its slightly stimulating effect.
- ½ a cup of almonds
- ½ a cup of shredded coconut
- 8 dates
- 4 tablespoons of almond butter
- 1 tablespoon licorice powder (plus extra for coating)
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Start putting the almonds and the coconut in a food processor and blend until it is pulverized (ca. 1,5 minute). Then add the rest of the ingredients and blend until the whole mixture rolls into one big ball.
- Pour around 2 tablespoons of licorice powder in a dish, form the dough into small ball bites and coat them by rolling them in the powder.
Keep the bites in a container in the fridge or freezer. I love to have a healthy sweet treat waiting for me in the freezer, when I feel like having a bite….or two.
Next time I am going to make a double portion.