It is hard to believe that this banana bread is healthy and gluten-, sugar and milk free. It tastes fantastic and is easy to make, just try for yourself.
- 3/4 cup buckwheat
- 3/4 cup Oatmeal
- 1 dl chia seeds (or flax seeds)
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup applesauce (sometimes I use unsweetened and sometimes I use a cinnamon blend)
- 1,5 cups mashed bananas (choose very ripe and sweet bananas)
- 1/2 cup honey (or other sweetener like maple syrup, agave)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (if I am not using the applesauace/cinnamon blend)
- On a special occasions I add chocolate chips and nuts….and at my place we always have special occasions)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix everything, except the bananas, together in a bowl and then stir in the mashed bananas and mix well.
- Put the mixture to a large bread form and bake for approximately 50 -60 minutes (depending on your oven)
Enjoy a slice before the kids come home, if you like to have a treat too 🙂