Make your own miracle remedy from the weeds in your garden.
Now when dandelion, nettle and other powerful greens are in season, why not use its greatness for your health benefits.It is very easy to make a dandelion tincture, or any other tincture with the plants from your garden or your nearest forest.
You can use the whole dandelion plant (leafs, the flower with stalk and the roots). This plant is so powerful and is used in many patent medicines. Dandelion plant is very useful for urinary track infections, liver and gall problems, helps strengthen the organs, it is anti-inflammatory and it stimulates bowel movements.
You can use the flower and the leafs fresh, for example in your smoothie, salads or in soups, you can make a miracle tea out of the roots or you can make your own tincture that can last you the whole winter.
This is how you make your own dandelion tincture:
- Pick the plant from a clean area (whole plant with roots)
- Wash all ingredients well (can take a little time with the roots)
- You can pack the whole plant or each part of the plant separately into a jar (if you have fresh ingredients fill the glass up, if you use dried plant fill it half way)
- Pour alcohol into your mixture (40%-50% alcohol), all the way to the top and close with a lid,
- Keep the tincture in the jar for 2 – 6 weeks (the longer, the stronger)
- Shake the mixture everyday
- When the tincture is ready, strain out the dandelion pieces and pour the mixture into a jar (keep refrigerated)
- Blend around 15-30 drops of the mixture in water. Start slowly and gradually increase the amount.
- Drink one glass of the mixture in the morning when you wake up, one before lunch and one before dinner.